I, alone, get 7 magazines each month: Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, ReadyMade, Self, Allure, Cook’s Illustrated, and Cooking Light. I’m so embarrassed. My husband gets about 6. Of course with the food mags, I cut out the recipes I want to keep and Readymade, well, I keep that one and have a nice stash in the basement. But all the others just keep accumulating. So here’s a list of ways you can reuse and recycle those monthly mags:
1. If your town recycles paper, then recycle them.
2. Pass them onto a friend who may pass them onto another friend.
3. Have your two-year old practice cutting and pasting. Pick specific things for them to cut out like all red things or animals.
4. Cut strips and roll them into beads: http://pbskids.org/zoom/activities/do/magazinebeads.html
5. Interesting wallpaper?
6. Donate them to an organization ie: hospital, library, senior center.
That’s all I got. Put in a comment with your ideas.