I call this one the 5 food group quesadilla cause that’s what’s in it baby. All 5, really. Well, when you add some grilled chicken as I have. I found this recipe in Cooking Light and I’ve mixed it up a bit, adding different cheeses and the chicken for the extra protein. The original is really the best though. I’ve also substituted the flour tortilla with a high protein, low carb whole wheat wrap. Forget the salad today and go for this. So good.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 3 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, divided
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1/2 pound), divided
- 3 cups arugula, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1. Combine mustard and cider in a small bowl; stir well.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread each tortilla with about 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture. Place 1 tortilla, mustard side up, in pan. Arrange one-third of cheese slices over half of tortilla; cook 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt. Arrange one-third of apple slices over cheese; top with 1 cup arugula. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold tortilla in half; press gently with a spatula. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure twice with remaining 2 tortillas, cheese, apple slices, 2 cups arugula, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Fat:7.4g (sat 4.4g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.2g)