Yup, only three days left and hitting my goal is getting tougher and tougher. Especially after my trainer weighed me today to find I maintained my weight and gained 1% body fat. You friggen carbs! You’re killin’ me here. So for the final three days I’m off carbs and focusing on proteins and greens. No sugar, ouch, and lots of leg lifts each night. Grrrrr. I’m hoping to lose at least another 1% body fat and 3 pounds by Thursday morning. That’s gonna be rough. I’m getting in some cardio each day and going for a spray tan the day before pics are taken. I just hope I don’t look like someone from Jersey Shore after Wednesday. Go easy, spray tan lady.
In the meantime, here’s a very light salad, and I mean light. You may need a serious snack after it or add some protein on the side.
Endive, walnut and apple salad (recipe courtesy of Cooking Light)
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups salad and 1 teaspoon nuts)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups sliced Granny Smith apple (about 2 large)
- 3 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add apple and endive; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Calories:77 (47% from fat)
- Fat:4g (sat 0.5g,mono 1.9g,poly 1.5g)