I’ll admit I made these before at Christmas time but they didn’t turn out that great. Some were crunchy, some were soft. It was a weird combination of textures that I didn’t really like. So I’m making them again from the original pin I used before. Only this time, I rinsed and drained the chickpeas for a several hours so that they would dry out a bit before I roasted them. And that seemed to do the trick. Although, as you can see in the photo, some of them burned. Not a terrible thing. They still taste yummy. So take heed when you make these and keep an eye on them while they roast.
Recipe courtesy of greatist.com
1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and put them in a bowl. Let sit and dry for a couple of hours.
- Add oil, salt, and pepper to chickpeas and mix well. Spread them on baking sheet in one layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan, shake around to ensure that the chickpeas brown evenly, and return to oven for another 15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
239 to go………