Anything baked with cheese on top can’t miss. I had a cheap bag of frozen ravis in the freezer and an extra bag of shredded cheese in the fridge.
Baked Raviolis it is. I’ve baked ziti, spaghetti, eggplant parm, stuffed shells and lasagna. Never raviolis. And why not? They were delicious. Riley ate them up, my 2-year old smeared them across the table and fed the remainder to the dog. But the dog loved them. And so did my husband.
I made them a much simpler way than the original pin. Instead of making the sauce (cause who has time for that?) I used a jar. Easy dish, for an easy family night. Shut off the t.v., program Hall and Oates on Pandora, and enjoy your meal.
Original recipe courtesy of tastykitchen.com
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds Frozen Ravioli (any variety will do)
- 1 16 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling water, until they float to the top (pasta does not need to be completely cooked because it will continue to cook in the oven). You can use the package instructions for al dente.
- When it’s done, drain water from pasta.
- Toss pasta and sauce in a large bowl.
- Pour pasta into a 9×13 pan.
- Top pasta with Parmesan cheese, then mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until pasta is golden.