Pin 206, Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
Yet another winning recipe from Pinterest. Although I would definitely not put this in the low-fat category. Definitely not. This dish is quite heavy and is still sitting in the gut of my stomach. If that’s even possible. But it is very tasty nonetheless and to quote my 5 year old Riley, “This is actually good”. Thanks kid.
While making this dish I was a little confused while making the Alfredo and forgot to add the parmesan cheese. Or at least, I assume you add the cheese to the sauce but that is never stated in the directions. So I never added it and used the parmesan in the rolls. Oooops. It still tasted good. I’ve tweeked the recipe slightly but you can find the original here.
Recipe adapted from therecipecritic.com
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ cups alfredo sauce (optional homemade recipe below)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
The Best Garlic Alfredo Sauce: (Makes 2 1/2 cups)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp. fresh minced garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup parmesan or romano cheese
1. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with 1/2 cup alfredo sauce.
2. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
3. If making the homemade alfredo sauce, in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add fresh minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the half and half. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently until the sauce thickens about 15 minutes. Off the heat, stir in parmesan or romano cheese till melted.
4. Spread 2 Tbs of the alfredo sauce over each noodle. Sprinkle oregano on top. Take 1/9th of the shredded chicken and spread evenly over each noodle and top with about 3 Tbs shredded mozzarella cheese. Carefully roll up each lasagne noodle and place seam side down in your 9×9 prepared pan.
5. Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
205 to go……….